About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

3 day head ache from ubuntu 14.04 apt-get unmet dependency gone with aptitude inplace of old apt-get

After upgrading ubuntu to 14.04 and removing some packages, my system started refusing to install most of the priority softwares like vlc mplayer gnome ....

Breaking my head.... searching alot on google.... read many many blog pages for solution.... some body made a nice comment but it was my ache breaker.
 Using aptitude (GUI is synaptic ) for resolving dependency tree.
  In my case the main problem is with the distribution upgrade which caused confusing hierarchy of dependencys. Aptitude is smarter than apt-get . Kudos to aptitude prograameer. many many thanks.

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: