About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

Build octave linux in simple way if imagemagick is thtowing some bugs



# Install the dev packages needed to build octave.
sudo apt-get build-dep octave
# Get the official source package. Do this in a clean directory, because it will get polluted.
mkdir ~/myoctavebuild
cd ~/myoctavebuild
apt-get source octave
# Build it. This took roughly an hour for me.
cd octave-3.8.2
dpkg-buildpackage
# Either run it from the build directory:
./run-octave
# ...or install it over the official octave:
cd ..
# Now you are in myoctavebuild directory:
# The following first two lines install some compiled libraries:
sudo dpkg -i liboctave2_3.8.2-4_amd64.deb 

sudo dpkg -i octave-common_3.8.2-4_all.deb 

sudo dpkg --install octave_3.8.2-4_amd64.deb


కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: