About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

Ice skating is as difficult as learning bicycle

On 25th night of Christmas evening 🌃.
I and my friend anil from physics dept have casually went to downtown of Pittsburgh for some time pass.
We found a rink prepared for learning ice skating at the ppg place. Quickly we changed our minds and spent 12$ each for the skate boots on that night.

Did not realize it before plunging on to the field how difficult it will be to balance on the icy ❄ surface. Fell down so many times. It was like balancing a bicycle 🚲 sitting on it on  a day one type without wheel movement.
Anil has got exhausted after an hour, but I bluntly extended my trials with strong wish to learn atleast to stand on the ice on that first day itself.
Somehow the day went fine. But after 24 hours, my knee started paining like hell.
Swollen around the knee that night, could not walk with pain.
5 days after I went to urgent care on the night of 31st with the assistance from neighboring apartment family 👪.
They diagnosed with the help of x rays and said not to worry much. It is just because of knee joints awkward twisting 🔀 causing the knee lateral and central ligaments to tear or stretch in a minor effect. Told to take take rest with a tight band around my knee for 2 weeks.

So, friends I suggest you to be careful in not to twist your ankles or knees too much while skating. And don't be hurry on learning dangerous feat like ice skating balance else you have to spend some time like a crippled creature.
After this incident I am very much awaiting for my recovery to jog on my legs.
Punch line: we don't realize our real wealth (health) when everything goes fine.

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: