About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

when AVD on AMD devices Ubuntu 16.04 not working under Radeon Gallium GPU

Source: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/145437/reinstall-avd-on-ubuntu-16-04

Problem:

sh: 1: glxinfo: not found
sh: 1: glxinfo: not found
libGL error: unable to load driver: nouveau_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  33
  Current serial number in output stream:  34

The crux is that AVD is using x86 libraries for all. but AMD based OS are having the Graphics drivers in lib64 folders. So link them using softlinks, ln -s

The following can be accessed from the URL above. but I am keeping the following lines in my blog as a backup.

"
I am using Android Studio 2.1.1 and Ubuntu 16.04 (x64). The following solved the problems ("sh: 1: glxinfo: not found" and "libGL error:..") for me.
  1. $ sudo apt-get install lib64stdc++6 (if it is not installed)
  2. $ cd ~/Android/Sdk/tools/lib64/libstdc++
  3. $ mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.original
  4. $ ln -s /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 ~/Android/Sdk/tools/lib64/libstdc++
  5. $ sudo apt-get install mesa-utils (if it is not installed)  
"

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: