About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

First time in life , successfully Running a Parallel code on HPC server

Took a working account on High Performance Computing server of 29TFLOPS this year April.
Until yesterday I didn't used it not at least fro running a simple cpp code.

After many hopeless  tries for peoples help in implementing a simpe MPI Hello world code , I come o know that knowbody actually knows the robust way of using the hpc machine in my department.
Some outsider from Mech dept. suggested to check on search engines.
  Hurray it is done absolutely simple in just 2 days with 1 hr per day .

First i did bash script job submission to run my Image processing code on HPC server without any mpi header file no mpi calls   . On first trial itself i got my first queue Id from machine  by using the simple command  "qsub":D (try man(*nix))
Today I searched for mpi header file location and added it to PATH variable of env.
from there it took just 2 steps to feel the joy of triumph.
first compiled it with mpic++ -Wno-deprecated hello++.cc
added these lines to bash  script , **above line**
                                                     mpirun -np 50 a.out

P.S: Some things are so simple to workout , but the cruel killer , the time plays an enigmatic role in making/doing it like a great deal of life making us some better sized jokers.   

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: