About this blog

I feel this blog as a reflection of my thoughts to myself , and sometimes as a public diary, and the is my only friend to share my thoughts who says never a "oh no! ,you shouldn't....That is boring...."

Newton-Raphson way of finding scaling factor for two similar functions but different in scales

To find how much the signal/Image may have been zoomed use the following iteration scheme to see the convergence of scale value(a).

    Idea is to compute differential of u(at) wrto a ,Here t is the independent variable , a is the scaling factor. call it u*(a) for fixed t=t0

Now compute the sequence (a_n), for  a_0=1 
  a_n+1=a_n+{u2(t0)-u1(t0*a_n)}/u_1*(a=a_n)

Another approach is variational approach:
 da/dt=integral (abs(u2(t)-u1(at)) *u1(at)) wrto t  over all the domain.
 solve the above DE for stationary solution of a.

P.S: variational approach is expected to be more effective.
   




కామెంట్‌లు లేవు: